There are always amazing wallpapers on your desktop. Do you ever want to put a video clip as a desktop background? There’s no complicated registry edits, no additional software required but you can do it in almost all windows operating systems like windows xp, windows 7 or vista. The only tool you should have is a free media player called VLC media player.
VLC media player is an open source media content player that can play almost all kind of videos of mpg, mp4, divx, 3gp etc
Steps to set video as desktop background
- Download VLC player from videolan.org if you doesn’t have it.
- Install the software on your system. The current version of VLC will be compatible to almost all operating systems from xp.
- Open VLC player then click tools from the top bar then select preferences.
- On the left side, click video then in the output section, select directX video output from the drop down
- menu.Then check the option for Enable wallpaper mode on the bottom of it and click save.
- You’re almost done. Now open any videos in VLC will display the videos as background of desktop.
To disable video wallpaper from desktop, deselect DirectX wallpaper from the video menu of VLC. enjoy!