Now you can easily make your USB Drives as read only and also you can disable it if you don’t like to have use it with a single click.
For this you can use USB Flash Drives Control which is a very tiny and powerful application for USB controlling.
USB Flash Drives Control
Version: 220.127.116.11 | Date: 07.10.2012 | Filesize: 214 KB | Download now
USB Flash Drives Control Modes:
Enable USB Flash Drives – This is the default Windows setting. USB Flash drives are allowed and everyone can use flash on the computer without any problem.
Deny Execute Mode – This mode protects your system from executable files related threats like exe viruses. It automatically denies execute access for all executable files on all USB flash drives used on the computer and it works for all user accounts at the same time. This option is available only for Windows 7 and Windows 8. It is a really important feature if you just want to secure your computer from USB related viruses and threats like worms, backdoors or password stealers.
Read Only Mode – By enabling this setting, write access will be denied to all USB flash drives used on the computer. All USB flash drives become read-only and the users can’t copy data on them.
Disable USB Flash Drives – By enabling this option, the USB flash drives will not be allowed on the computer. If this option is enabled, all the connected drives must be removed in order to make this setting to apply to them.
- Just one small executable file. All features are packed in the same file.
- Intuitive and easy accessible interface in the system tray.
- Enable or disable USB flash drives with just a mouse click.
- Deny execute access to all executable files from all USB flash drives.
- Deny write access on all USB flash drives used on the computer.
- Lock the current state of the program with a password.
- Display free space and total space for the mounted USB flash drives.
- Explore the contents of the USB flash drives easily.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0
- Compatible with all 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.